Wednesday, June 10, 2015

SRVE0068E

SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception created in one of the service methods of the servlet /webclient/login/login.jsp in application MAXIMO

Environment: WebSphere 7, Maximo 7.5, Maximo Anywhere, DB2 9.7

I got this error after installing Worklight Server while installing Maximo Anywhere in my development environment. I could install and see newly created WorkLight Server in WebSphere (where MXServer is displayed). I started both MXServer and newly created WorkLight Server, they both started. However, one of them was only working at a time.

When checked in Systemout.log of MXServer, complete error stack track looked like:

E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper service SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception created in one of the service methods of the servlet /webclient/login/login.jsp in application MAXIMO. Exception created : java.lang.NullPointerException
    at psdi.server.MXServer.getProperty(MXServer.java:4093)
    at psdi.webclient.system.runtime.WebClientRuntime.getWebClientSystemProperty(WebClientRuntime.java:1736)
    at psdi.webclient.system.runtime.WebClientRuntime.getWebClientSystemProperty(WebClientRuntime.java:1719)
    at com.ibm._jsp._login._jspService(_login.java:246)



Looked for solution, found one link:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PK92140

Then came to know that issue is with the number of concurrent database allowed by DB2

I checked if my database is working, to my surprise-my database was not getting connected.

Found one more very interesting blog:

http://db2commerce.com/2012/03/07/introducing-parameter-wednesday-dbm-cfg-numdb/

So it was basically DB2 parameter NUMDB which was stopping me to start my application. By default the value of this parameter was 2 which I changed to 5 using the following command:

db2 update dbm cfg using NUMDB 5

After updating the value, I restarted the DB2 service and I could start both the applications successfull.

Thanks for reading....

1 comment: